Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Action Research Plan Draft

SCHOOL VISION: All Saints Episcopal School is a community dedicated to academic excellence in a secure and supportive Christian environment. The school seeks to develop and strengthen in each individual good character, personal and social responsibility, leadership, creative ability, and the motivation to reach one's mental, spiritual and physical potential.

GOAL: The goal of this study is to discover best practices and uses of social media tools in Education. A comparative analysis of schools public and private using these tools and their school policies will be charted as well as a comparative analysis of known scholars on social media in education. The final product will be the development of a school policy and a plan for implementation of these tools.

MY RESEARCH PLAN DRAFT

5 comments:

  1. Dena, was your action research project plan published as a webpage? When I try to follow your link, it takes me to the Google account login page. When I try to log in, it tells me that I do not have access to this document.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly, I think I have fixed it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dena,
    I can see your plan. It seems that you are having to start at the very beginning and create a plan for using technology on your campus. What an exciting time! Are you only considering comparing your school to other private schools? Would you be willing to tour local public schools and consider incorporating in your plan the good things that they are doing? I am wondering if looking at their policy would be useful as bigger districts have legal advice on some of their "paper work."

    ReplyDelete
  4. IMHO, while it's interesting to see what the other local schools are doing, I would Google information and Acceptable Use Policies like crazy, then pull bits and pieces until you create an AUP and plan that fits your school. As Monica was saying, if it's published on big public school's websites, you know that it's been reviewed and looked over by a bunch of people. Not saying that makes it perfect, but much better than starting from scratch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure there is much out there about social media tools. Are you thinking about blogging, wikis, nings, and/or Moodle-type resources? Your plan is definitely a huge challenge, and I think you're starting in the right place by finding out what other school are doing. I agree with finding published AUPs as well. Alan November's site is full of information on technology use in school settings. www.novemberlearning.com

    ReplyDelete