Sunday, January 2, 2011

Research after Grad School

After finishing my Research class and now Graduate school, I find my self continuing to study Social Media and Education. I guess you could say I have unanswered questions and desire to see this Action Research through to an end. From the information I have gathered I am not alone in my waiting and watching to see how or if Social Media tools can successfully be used in Education.

Some schools have Facebook pages. This makes sense from a marketing standpoint with the amount of constituents already on Facebook. I imagine they have their Facebook account linked to their Smart phone which, would make an even quicker way to relay information. This is the positive and the negative to having a Facebook page. Teachers, students, and Administrators all fans alike.Is it appropriate for teachers and students to be friends on Facebook? Does this blur the lines between personal and professional? These are the questions that I will be looking to answer by studying schools who are venturing out and paving the way for the rest of us. I am sure they have a good social media policy that is constantly being updated and tweaked.

One interesting Article from Brendan Schneider, "18 Ways To Drive People To Your School's Facebook Page"
, lists ways that other schools are using their Facebook page. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment